- Contests – People love competition. Contests can drive a ton of traffic to your website or blog. The important thing to keep in mind is that you should have some sort of strategy for how you will monetize the additional traffic.
- Videos – The cost of producing high quality embedded video is finally so low that there’s really no excuse not to get out and pick up a cheap digital camcorder and editing software and put a few videos on your site.
- Giveaways – Similar to contests… Make sure you have a strategy to monetize.
- Bells and whistles – Let’s face it, if a plain white page was effective at conveying my marketing message, then that’s what you’d see here. It doesn’t hurt to spend some money and have some sweet graphical elements added to your site. The more professional and interesting your site looks, the more people will engage with you… Just don’t overdo it.
- Be Present - Post to your blog regularly. Show your twitter stream on your site. Show recent blog comments. Embed a widget for your Facebook fan page. If it looks like you’re making a real effort, people will relate, respond, and refer you links and business.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Software Tribes – Micro-blogging Network for Software Professionals (gajeebo.com)
- Why should your event be social-media friendly? (trafcom.typepad.com)
- Design a Flip Camcorder to Help Children Around the World (takepart.com)